We would like to congratulate all our students for their dedication towards their academic studies, and outstanding examination results.
Our GCSEs (entered at age 16 – Year 11) saw 99% of students achieve 5 or more A*-C grades (the figure in the UK was 69.2%).
Our A-level students achieved a 99% pass rate at Advanced Level across all taught A-levels. And the outstanding performance of our 2018 IB cohort saw our students achieve the very best results since the diploma was introduced at St Christopher’s in 2008.
Congratulations also to Ghada Alshehabi for being awarded the Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Award in 2018. Ghada has gone on to study Medicine at the University of Glasgow, UK.
St Christopher’s is always very proud of the consistent efforts and dedication shown by our students, not only academically, but to all aspects of student life. Our results are a product of high teaching standards; a very supportive parent body; and an excellent attitude from our students – many of whom have gone on to top Universities and Colleges in the UK, USA and around the world.
GCSE | Examination Results
In these examinations the percentage of grades A* to C and 9 to 4 was 97%. The equivalent figure for all UK schools is around 69.2%.
• 59% of all grades were A*-A or equivalent
• 53% of all grades were 9-7 (compared to the UK figure of 20.5%)
• 97% of all grades were A*-C / 9-4 (compared to the UK figure of 69%)
• 98.7% of students achieved 5 or more A*-C / 9-4 grades
• 97.4% of students achieved 5 or more A*-C / 9-4 grades including English Language and Mathematics
• 63% of students achieved 5 or more A*-A / 9-7 grades
• 42% of students achieved 7 or more A*-A / 9-7 grades
GCSE grades are given in either A*-G grades or 9-1 grades (where 9 is the highest and is higher than a grade A*) Grades 7, 8 & 9 are equivalent to A*-A grades. Grade 4 is equivalent to a C grade. UK figures only reported where available.
A-levels (Advanced Levels) | Examination Results
The pass rate at Advanced level was 99% across all taught A-levels (compared to the UK figure of 97.4%). These figures stand comparison with good independent schools in the United Kingdom.
• 38% of all grades were A*-A (compared to the UK figure of 26.4%)
• 66% of all grades were A*-B (compared to the UK figure of 53%)
• 86% of all grades were A*-C (compared to the UK figure of 77%)
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) | Examination Results
The grades for the IB Diploma range from grade 1 to grade 7 (with 7 being the highest). Grade 7 is equivalent to the A* grade in the A-level grading system.
In 2018, St Christopher’s school students achieved a 100% pass rate (the worldwide average is 79%), with the highest ever average points score since the launch of the St-Christopher’s School IB Diploma programme in 2008.
These figures stand comparison with good independent schools in the United Kingdom. The students who earned these results have gone on to Universities and Colleges in the UK, USA and around the world.
• 25.3% of all grade 7 (achieving a grade 7 is very difficult with around 7% of all grades being awarded a grade 7 worldwide)
• 63.2% of all our grades were at grade 6 or 7 (the worldwide average is 28%)
• Our average IBDP points score was 36.6 points (the worldwide average is 29.8 points)
Now in its 57th year, St Christopher’s is looking forward to educating the next generation of young people in the Kingdom of Bahrain; supporting them to reach their individual potential in a personalised learning environment, and under the guidance of a specialised tutorial system.
Supported by a dedicated Sixth Form Centre, providing an innovative, creative and exciting environment where students can begin to shape their future.